Vegan and Gluten Free. Total oxalate approx. 35-50gm
This is a delicious crunchy seed loaf, best eaten fresh, hard to resist and excellent to slice and freeze.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (use as bought or soak in water overnight)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds (use as bought or soak in water overnight)
- ¼ cup flax seed
- ½ cup pea protein (do not substitute)
- ¼ cup psyllium husks
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup sunflower butter
- 1-2 tbs sesame oil
- Line a 1lb loaf tin and preheat oven to 190 degrees C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Mix water, oil and sunflower butter together.
- Add water mixture to dry ingredients.
- The mixture will become thick and sticky.
- Press into tin
- Bake for 85 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- NOTE: this mixture tends to vary each time I make it in consistency, if it looks very dry add a little more water before baking.